Friday, August 31, 2007

Missed Wishes

Missed Wishes

Outside I sat,
heated and embraced by my own salt tinged sheen,
when, I felt the lightest brush
of rain cooled air.
like a mother's kiss on fevered brow.

It took me aback,
this brush of angel wing,
the clean scent of water washed breeze,
and I turned my head,
I closed my eyes,
trying to connect again
with the tender brushed embrace.

But, like too many loves
it left me unsettled and wishing,
wondering why it was
and then was
no more.

Then, when the promise of showered gust
fell hard and reached with damp fingers
for me,
I was inside.

I missed the rendevous.

As I understood the kiss,
for an invitation to dance with the wind
and leap into its cooling grasp,
to release my heat into its captivity.

But, like too many loves
I left it too late and unsettled,
wondering why I took
of its free gift
nothing.

I heard the rain fall without me.
Part of me wanting to be within,
part of me yearning to be without,
wrapped in, and wearing a rainbow,of wishes unfulfilled.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I don't like to use the mandatory Google account, but for you, I will. :) This is a lovely poem. I'm sorry I can't be more articulate, but I'm the absolute WORST at articulating what I like about anyone's writing in any form. (Book review? "Um, I liked it?") :) That said, this is lovely. Lovely turns of phrase, lovely thoughts.

jas_mine said...

It's really deep. I love it